- When an offer has been accepted by the landlord, we will request a payment of one weeks rent to reserve the property.
- The holding deposit will be withheld by the agent if any person, including a guarantor, withdraws from the tenancy, gives false or misleading information, fails the right to rent check or fails to sign the tenancy agreement within the agreed timescales.
- Five weeks rent for tenancies when the rent is under £50,000 per annum
- Six weeks rent for tenancies when the rent is over £50,000 per annum
Change of sharer
- If the tenant requests a change of sharer during tenancy the charge will be £50 - Inc. VAT, or any reasonable costs incurred if higher.
- The tenant will be expected to cover costs such as referencing, right to rent checks, deposit registration and the preparation of the new tenancy agreement.
- Interest at 3% above the bank of England base rate from the date the rent is due until the date is paid.
- This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days overdue.
Variation of contract
- If the tenant requests a change of contract the charge will be £50 Inc. VAT per change, or any reasonable costs incurred if higher
- If the tenant requests to terminate the tenancy agreement early, the tenant will be liable for the landlords costs in re-letting the property.
- The tenant will be liable for rent until the date of the new tenancy agreement.
- The costs will be no more than the maximum rent due for the remainder of the existing tenancy.
Lost Keys/Security Devices
- Tenants will be liable for the actual cost of replacing any lost keys or security devices. If the loss results in locks needing to be changed the costs of the locks, keys/security devices and locksmith costs will need to be paid for by the tenant.
How do we ensure our tenants are protected?
We are a registered member of the Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme. This is a client money protection scheme to ensure your money is handled in the correct manner. Download a copy of our Propertymark Client Money Protection Certificate here.
As accredited agents, we comply with Propertymark's Conduct and Membership Rules.
We are also members of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme for consumer complaints.